• City Planning Commission Special Permits for land use and bulk waivers, including Landmark District Changes of Use and Bulk, as well as Street Mappings, Re-zonings and Authorizations and Certifications in connection with waterfront development, private public spaces and Natural Area projects.
• Board of Standards and Appeals Variances, Special Permits including schools in commercial and manufacturing districts and Physical Culture Establishments; vesting to complete development cases, extensions of terms of existing BSA waivers and appeals from Department of Building determinations.
• Department of Building appeals regarding Determinations; assistance in obtaining development permits, certificates of occupancy, clearing violations, NYC Building Code issues.
• Landmarks Preservation Commission approvals to construct new projects or improve existing buildings in Landmark districts.
• Zoning Due Diligence in the form of analysis of development potential and counseling on the optimum land use strategy to achieve development objectives.
• Development Rights transfers and zoning lot merger agreements.
• Environmental assistance in understanding how state and federal environmental laws impact property owners and developers.
• Affordable housing advocacy to help affordable housing developers obtain all applicable zoning and land use permits.
• Loans and Leasing representation of borrowers and lessees in commercial and residential matters.
• Negotiations in real estate and landlord/tenant matters and settlements to avoid litigation.
• Representation as corporate counsel for Housing Development Fund Corporations.
• Teach Continuing Legal Education (CLE) classes on zoning and land use matters.
It is important to hire counsel that is knowledgeable regarding the latest developments in statutes and regulations governing zoning and land use. That’s why it’s essential to choose a law firm who is familiar with any and all local conditions that may influence the outcome of permit applications and appeals. Let us assist you in achieving your goals with regard to zoning and land use issues.
Simons & Wright, LLC is up-front about our fees. We do everything possible to ensure that there will be no surprises when you receive your bill. Because we provide a sophisticated level of practice at reasonable rates, we offer a distinct advantage over the larger New York City firms. It is our mission to help you achieve your desired results in the most efficient manner. We are proud to assist in shaping the communities in which we live and serve.
Choosing the right zoning and land use attorney can truly make a difference in the outcome of your matter. Make your choice with Simons & Wright, LLC.